E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a short blurb by September 1st!
The Communications Coordinator shall:
1. Maintain and update LPCA website.
2. Coordinate event updates and Social Media Campaigns on Facebook.
3. Be responsible for the distribution of the newsletter and distribute copies of mailing list to the Executive Board upon request.
4. Keep an updated copy of the official LPCA website calendar.
5. Propose changes to design, content, or format in communications with LPCA members to the Executive Board as necessary.
6. Train and turn over all login and password information to their successor during any transition and/or at the request of any Executive Board member.
7. Monitor and respond to social media messages and relay relevant information to the LPCA Executive Board
The Third Goal Coordinator and shall:
1. Be responsible for hosting (quarterly) third goal activities, with an emphasis on coordinating an activity during Peace Corps Week or International Education Week.
2. Lead or Co Chair the Committee for the planning of the Annual Peace Corps Festival in conjunction with the Social Chair.
3. Coordinate with the Peace Corps local recruiter and local university representatives to develop joint activities.
The Parade Planning Committee Chair shall:
1. Form and Chair the Parade Planning Committee.
2. Be responsible for reaching out to Krewe’s and procuring the contract with the designated Parade Organization.
3. Organize a subcommittee to brainstorm, collect materials, elevate the event’s participation and visibility from the prior years.
4. Communicate full logistics of the parade, dress, route etc. etc. to everyone well ahead of the event.
5. Arrive at the start of the event 23 hours early to checkin with Parade Organizers.
6. Ensure marchers have everything they need (within reason) for the parade, including rides to their cars after the parade.
7. Take or have someone take pictures of the parade to send out afterwards.
8. Collect suggestions after the parade for what did and didn’t work and any parade enhancement ideas.
The Advocacy Coordinator shall serve as the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) Advocacy Coordinator for the state of Louisiana and shall:
1. Sign up for NPCA’s advocacy listserv by emailing email@example.com.
2. Be familiar with and stay up to date with the NPCA Advocacy program.
3. Assist NPCA Advocacy with outreach and mobilization leading up to and during the annual National Day of Action, on or about March 1st.
4. Assist NPCA Advocacy with promotion and activities pertaining to “Health Justice Awareness Day”, an annual activity in late June to raise awareness and engage our community on what we all can do to better support members who served in the Peace Corps and face ongoing challenges with injuries or illness stemming from their service.
5. Assist NPCA Advocacy once a year with outreach and mobilization during the District Meeting Advocacy Days initiatives, held during August and September each year.
6. Occasionally assist with targeted outreach and actions directed at key lawmakers from Louisiana.
7. Keep LPCA membership informed about advocacy issues and events through LPCA social media account(s) and by submitting relevant information to the Communications Coordinator through the LPCA Newsletter Submission Form.